Home » Beagle Blog » Can Beagles Eat Grapes? [Beagle Food Guide]

Can Beagles Eat Grapes? [Beagle Food Guide]

Can Beagles Eat Grapes?

Unlike most fruits, such as tomatoes, strawberries and blueberries. Grapes and raisins can be toxic to dogs, including beagles, and can cause serious health problems, so we strongly recommend not giving them to your beagle or any dog.

Are Grapes Poisonous to Beagles?

Yes, grapes and raisins can cause kidney failure in dogs, and it’s not clear why some dogs are more susceptible to this toxicity than others.

What are the symptoms of grape/raisin poisoning in Beagles?

Symptoms of grape or raisin poisoning in dogs can include:

  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Lethargy
  • Abdominal pain

If you see any of these signs, contact your vet immediately.

What to do if your Beagle has Eaten a Grape?

First of all, try not to panic, it’s easy to be very worried about your beagle, but It’s important to seek medical attention for your beagle as soon as possible, as treatment may be needed to prevent serious health problems.

Your vet may recommend inducing vomiting, giving your beagle activated charcoal to absorb any toxins, and providing supportive care such as intravenous fluids to help flush the toxins out of your beagle’s system.

One of the cons of beagles is that they tend to have more sensitive stomachs than other breeds, so if you think your beagle has ingested a grape or raisin, it’s crucial you contact your vet ASAP.

Is it Bad if your Beagle Has only Eaten one Grape?

Yes, even in small amounts grapes can be highly toxic to dogs and can cause the above problems, so even if your beagle has only eaten one grape, it’s still necessary to pay your vet an emergency visit.

If your beagle ingests grapes or raisins, it’s important to contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC) immediately.
For the foods your beagle can eat, check out the rest of our food guides and see our top vet recommended foods for beagles!

Leave a Comment